Kelmscott Communications is moving on multiple fronts to enhance the sustainability of its products and services and maintain its place as a leader in responsible printing practices. Below are some of the significant steps we have taken to ensure that Kelmscott, as well as our clients, are responsible stewards of the environment.
- Paper: approximately 30,000 lbs per week / 1,500,000 lbs per year.
- Aluminum: 1,100 lbs of aluminum per month / over 13,000 lbs per year.
- Make Ready sheets: Avg. 250-300 jobs per month > make 3,000-5,000 impressions on 1 page w/in this time.
- All corrugated boxes are recycled after use.
- All copier/printers’ toner cartridges are recycled.
- Soy Ink: eco-friendly ink, with less harmful bi-products
- Trupress UV Ink: Zero VOC output
- Digital presses: Zero VOC output
- Mitsubishi Offset Aqueous ink: Low VOC output
Employee awareness and participation
- Employees are encouraged to follow and promote sustainable practices in every aspect of their duties.
- Every office and every desk is provided with both a waste and recycling bin.